Leighton Park School’s new website and scholarships
Leighton Park School recently shared a number of updates with us. The first is their brand new website, where you can find out more about this small day and boarding school in Reading, just 30 minutes from London.
Enjoying a peaceful setting in 65 acres of parkland, which you can view via new drone footage, the coeducational school offers the choice of A Levels or International Baccalaureate (IB) in Sixth Form, and 27 options at GCSE. Aside from its academic offering, ‘peaceful’ is arguably the operative word for a school community that stays true to its Quaker principles. Peace is just one of those guiding principles, alongside respect, integrity, simplicity, equality, truth and sustainability. Leighton Park aims to develop courageous and happy young people, who are environmentally-conscious, with a strong global awareness.
With 150 boarders from 40 different countries amongst 490 students overall, this English school is investing £2 million in its boarding facilities to open a dedicated Lower School boarding house for 11- and 12-year olds, and to make the senior boarding houses even more homely.
Of particular interest to our clients around the world might be the announcement of the school’s International Excellence Scholarships:
- Worth 20% of the fees, including the boarding fee
- Students should be applying to join the Sixth Form in September 2020 to study A Levels or the IB
- Students should ideally be born between September 2003 and August 2004
- Students should be achieving top grades across a range of subjects and have excellent English
- Students will need to register with the school before they can be considered for a scholarship
Whether s/he would qualify for a scholarship or not, please contact us to find out more about Leighton Park and if we believe it would be the right school for your child.
Images by kind permission of Leighton Park School